Cotecmar implements an articulated system of research to produce knowledge and/or generate solutions to local, regional, national and international problems by linking social, economic, cultural and political aspects. These research programs have been named as follows:
The naval architecture and engineering research and development program encompasses projects associated to product conceptual design and architecture; dynamic hull, control and propulsion, focused on creating new products and improving existing ones.
- Conceptual design and product architecture
- Hulls, dynamics and control
This part is aimed at R & D in the organization’s productive processes; therefore, projects are implemented in the areas of materials and naval coatings; Manufacturing processes; Surface treatment; Planning and control of production and logistics as well as transportation.
- Naval materials and coatings
- Manufacturing processes
- Surface treatment
- Planning and production control
- Logistics and Transportation
This part focuses on R & D for the development of the following fields: Automation, Integration and Control; Performance and Integrity Monitoring; Power Management Systems (on board); Operations Management Systems (on board); Command and Control Systems (vessel).
- Automation, integration and control
- Performance and Integrity Monitoring
- Power Management System
- Operations Management System
- Command and Control System (vessel)